Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Core

“The most revealing thing about the church is her idea of God, just as her most significant message is what she says about Him, or leaves unsaid, for her silence is often more eloquent than her speech.” - A.W. Tozer

caring about God’s Glory
With a high view of God, a Christ-centered perspective of scripture, and a humble appreciation of the grace of God in Christ on my behalf, I joyfully, energetically and authentically worship the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for time and eternity! My aim is for the glory of God…and our good.

caring about truth
With sound theology as the backbone and lifeblood of the Christian faith, the framework of our fellowship is founded upon “the 5 sola’s” of the Protestant Reformation and the “Doctrines of Grace”, (see VISTA) discovering the truth about God, guilt, grace and gratitude. Getting back to Bible basics that radically impact life is my aim.

caring about interaction
With a three-fold philosophy of teaching people to think, humbly ask good questions and search the scriptures for what is true and profitable, I seek to engage in a healthy forum of discussion and debate utilizing church history, systematic theology and proper methods of Biblical interpretation (hermeneutics). My aim is to elevate Biblical discernment.

caring about style
With a personality reflective of honesty, humility, and creativity, I seek to distinguish between those Biblical “absolutes” and “non-absolutes” concerning “doing church”. My aim is to be who I am, being biblical and innovatively engaging in our culture, as one in the world but not of it.

caring about others
With a life-changing understanding that God so loved us He gave His Son for us, we as a spiritual community are so impacted so that our desire is to give to others as well. My aim is to minister to the spiritual and physical needs of those both inside and outside our Christian community.

No comments: